Saturday 12 April 2008

How to visit when you can't

With Paul, I can say "I want you to be ..aware, brothers and sisters, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now)".

Ironically, I have had the chance to go to places I did not even particularly want to got to: Rome - England - Israel, while the place I really want to go - Srbija- eludes me.
What I can do in these internet days, though, is visit by proxy: Google Earth. First time I tried it made my laptop crash! So I had to get a new one.
But there are some real benefits to using Google, all in all. How else could I get to Beograd once a week, looking at the places and all the photos people have uploaded, following up YouTube connections, -but above all, praying my clockwise round the city. In fact I have learned much I could never have found out on a flying visit.
As use Google, (mainly on Fridays,) I find myself learning so much about this people so far off, seeking their welfare and praying as my imagination, empathy and, I trust, the Spirit of the Lord shows me how.

No comments:

ship of dreams

ship of dreams