Saturday 10 March 2007

God is NOT Santa Claus!

That time I was so concerned about South Africa, one of the things I did one day was to pray:

LORD, what do you want me to pray for South Africa?

--“That Vorster will resign,” came the reply.

What! Did I really hear that, or was it just my imagination?

So I prayed that Prime Minister Vorster would resign.

The next day Vorster resigned, and was replaced by Piet Botha.

Once I’d recovered from the shock, I naturally felt very encouraged. But let’s get a few things into perspective now: It’s hardly the case that I was the only one praying for South Africa at the time, and probably not even the only one praying for that particular thing. Nor did I receive some kind of “3 wishes” guaranteed to alter the cou

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....but you were used by God in that matter, and that is significant. It is a known fact that God uses people, and He hears their prayers, so my advice to you would be - keep going! You're on the right track.

Richard Mure Exelby said...

thanks :))

ship of dreams

ship of dreams